CREATING STRESS FREE MEDICATION SOLUTIONS FOR PETS
- Flavored liquid suspensions
- Chewable Treats
- Small capsules
- Small Dissolving Tablets
- Gels that are absorbed through the skin on the ear (transdermal)
- Removing inactive ingredients that may cause an allergy
- Triple Fish Suspension- a favorite of cats
- Customized strength
- Flavors that pets love like Chicken, Beef, Bacon and Peanut butter
Problems We Can Solve
- Pet has a difficult time swallowing tablets or capsules
- The pet needs a dosage that is not available in a commercial product
- Pet has an allergy to an ingredient in the prescribed medication
- Owner struggles to administer the medication
- Bad flavor or bitterness of medication
- Medication needed has been discontinued by manufacturer
Reasons to Trust Jensen’s With your Pet’s Medication
- Stress Free Guarantee – If your pet refuses or has trouble taking their medication, we will reformulate a new compounded medication – at no cost to you.
- Free shipping via USPS
- We prioritize emergent medications such as antibiotics and pain medications
- Competitive pricing with multiple month discounts
- PCCA Veterinary Compounding Specialist as the owner
- Available for questions or advice (no call centers)
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE LIFE EASIER FOR YOU AND YOUR PET?
Call Today! 734-429-9053
Your pets are special. Why not give them customized care?
Pets many times need the same medications as humans to treat diseases. Often the commercially made medications may not be the correct dosage or not a dosage form that would be easy for the owner and the pet. Working with veterinarians we can create a medication that is the correct dosage and easy to give.
Steve Jensen is passionate about treating animals of all sizes and shapes; he has completed 24 hours of continuing education to be awarded a Veterinarian Compounding Specialist by the Professional Compounding Centers of America (PCCA).
Common Dosage Forms Are:
- Oil Suspensions: can be flavored with pet favorites like chicken and beef.
- Treats: cats and dogs alike will love a chewable flavored treat
- Transdermal: Many medications can be compounded with a gel base that allows the drug to push past the skin into the bloodstream. Most often applied to the ear flap this can alleviate the stress for the pet and the owner when giving meds by mouth is difficult
- Topicals: Sometimes when we want to avoid systemic antibiotics, we can create a compound to treat wounds in a gel that does not mat fur! It is not unusual for the pet to lick the wounded area which can impede proper healing. We have several non-harmful ingredients that can be added which will deter the pet from wanting to lick in the affected area
We Love a Challenge:
We specialize in helping veterinarians in hard to treat cases. We have helped many pets where standard treatments have failed.
- We helped a cat that was licking its tail to the point of hair loss. He was tried on antihistamines and even psychological meds like fluoxetine (Prozac) for over a year without changing the behavior. We created a bitter gel that was applied to the tail just once and the cat was done with his obsessive licking.
- A dog had a chronic infection in his lip-fold pocket that took frequent oral antibiotics to keep in check. We compounded a liquid gel that contained an antibiotic and anti-fungal that was applied for a few days at a time and kept the infection controlled for weeks. Happy owner Happy pet.
- A dog needed frequent pain medications for arthritis. He stopped taking tablets easily and the oral suspension is very bitter. We compounded a transdermal tramadol gel that was applied to the ear flap and made medication dosing so easy.
We know that pet ownership can be expensive. In many instances we can do multiple months for a discounted price. Ask if your pets medication applies!
We now carry a line CBD oil products for your pets:
CBD for Pets
We’re passionate about pets, too! We produce the very finest hemp CBD products for our furry friends as well. Grown and processed under the exact same conditions as our people products, our pet versions are carefully formulated for optimal concentrations for both cats and dogs. Available in both capsules and tinctures, we also offer topical products for your canine companions. Non-GMO, cruelty-free, organic, vegan and with no added sugars and minimal ingredients, our pet products are wonderfully packaged and offer outstanding value.
M-F - 9am-7pm
Sat - 9am-3pm
Sun - Closed
p: (734) 429-9053
f: (734) 944-3934